This questionnaire was put together by Lydia over at the Literary Lollipop. In desperate need of something to post on Sundays I have stolen it (what? what do you mean she’s giving it away?) Like so many other lazy bloggers who have been breaking this up into several parts to fill their Sundays, I will, shamelessly, do likewise. This is part four of five.
34. Most intimidating book I’m too nervous to begin: The Bible!! Actually, I started reading it once when I was very board in my hotel room in Berlin. I mostly started it because I knew I didn’t have time to finish it 🙂
35. Favourite Poet: Emily Dickinson
36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time? Less than zero.
37. How often do you return books to the library unread? Again with the library books thing…am I being judged for not using the library or what?
38. Favourite fictional character: I really like Eugene Morris Jerome from Neil Simon’s Biloxi Blues.
39. Favourite fictional villain: Cinderella’s evil step-mother
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation: Anything I haven’t yet read.
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading: A few hours I suppose. When there is nothing else, there is the back of the Rice Krispies box.
42. Name a book you could/would not finish: Recently, Beautiful Losers by Leonard Cohen. My first adventure with Experimental Fiction. I wasn’t a fan!
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading? Anything that involves people communicating in the English language. I can drown out Croatian or other languages. If my brain has something else on which to focus, then I can’t read.
44. Favourite film adaptation of a novel: Biloxi Blues by Neil Simon (but I haven’t actually read the book. Shhh…don’t tell anyone)