This questionnaire was put together by Lydia over at the Literary Lollipop. In desperate need of something to post on Sundays I have stolen it (what? what do you mean she’s giving it away?) Like so many other lazy bloggers who have been breaking this up into several parts to fill their Sundays, I will, shamelessly, do likewise. This is part five of five.
45. Most disappointing film adaptation: Twilite by whoever that vampire series is by. (I haven’t read them either)
46. Most money I’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time: Well in excess of $300 Cnd.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it? Never
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through? If the prose doesn’t flow for me. The book can be well written, but if the pages don’t sing to me then I am put off fairly easily.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized? When I am in a situation where I have a more-or-less permanent set-up, then yes.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read? I am a hoarder of books. I keep everything. I know it’s terrible, I should be passing them on for others to enjoy. Taking part in the Crazy Book Swap being put on by Wallace from Unputdownables is the first step in this direction.
51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding? That whole The Girl Who…series by Stieg Larsson among many, many others.
52. Name a book that made you angry: Right now Parrot and Olivier in America by Peter Carey is making me angry because it is turning out to be very difficult to get through. I know that’s now what you meant, but I can’t think of anything more snarky at the moment. (I am writing this on August 16. If I am not finished this book by the time you are reading this then there is something very wrong!)
53. A book I didn’t expect to like but did: The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao by Junot Diaz. This is my all time favorite book now too!
54. A book I expected to like but didn’t: Home by Marilynne Robinson
55. Favourite guilt-free guilty pleasure reading: I don’t feel guilt in reading anything. If I am reading it then it MUST be worthy.