If you don’t mind, I am going to take a moment to indulge in an short, random meme completely unrelated to books. I pillaged this from Julie over at Lovesmukiwa. If you have some time, check out her blog, she is one of my favorites.
1. You can travel anywhere in the world; one destination per day from Friday through Monday. Where do you go and why?
Friday – I am on Safari in Tanzania and Kenya. Seeing the Serengeti has been a dream vacation of mine for a long time. I want to see the wild IN the wild.
Saturday – Lanark, Ontario. I am a family history freak and my family has roots in Lanark County going back to the turn of the 19th century. I have been here before, but not for many years, and I want to take some time to explore the properties of my ancestors.
Sunday – Mecca, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. I greatly admire Islam and have tremendous sympathy for the racism and disrespect that Muslims have faced since 9/11. I would love to see the Sacred Mosque and observe a pilgrimage.
Monday – Bora-Bora. I think this is one of the most beautiful places in the world. I would kill for just 5 minutes of relaxation on the beautiful beaches of this Pacific Paradise. My partner and I hope to go here one day, maybe for our Honeymoon.
2. Would you keep a secret from the closest person to you if you thought it was in their best interest?
Probably not. I guess it would depend on what the secret was, but I can’t imagine any secret being that important.
3. Tell me one odd/interesting fact about you that you have not revealed in some other crazy meme.
I always set my alarm clock one minute later than the intended time. i.e. 9:01, 8:16, etc.
4. You can have three wishes (all must be for yourself, so forget all the ‘world peace etc’ garbage) – what are they?
1. I wish my partner and I could have children that biologically belonged to both of us.
2. I wish I could slap Ann Coulter and not be charged with assault.
3. I wish airline seats were at least 2 inches wider to accommodate my wide rear-end.
5. If you could change anything about your living situation, what would it be?
I would love to be living in a proper home rather than a flat, for sure.
6. Who is your favorite character from a comic strip? Please post one strip.
Jason from Foxtrot
7. Now we have found you dead. What five people do you want to MEET in Heaven?
1. My Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grandfather, Alexander Burns, so I can find out why he came to the New World.
2. John A. MacDonald
3. Emily Dickinson
4. Simon Bolivar
5. Oscar Wilde
8. So since you are dead, what will the title of your life story be?
Been There, Done That – A Life of No Regret
9. Word association time! What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you see the word pleasure?
Ice Cream 😀
10.You are by the ocean. You find a message in a bottle. What does it say?
I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll.